In West Virginia, currently pets are considered personal property and once the pet is awarded to one party or the other, there is no support for the pet or a right to modify the decision. If there is an agreement there is no current case law that state a Family Court can enforce the agreement. However, the parties may enter into a contract regarding the care and custody of the animal under general contract principles which, in this State would require the parties to file a breach of contract case in circuit court.